by Fr Richard Heilman | July 18, 2017 9:21 PM
Do you want the peace of God which transcends all understanding? Do you want the Glory of God to fall upon you? Do you want to be ignited in the very power of the Holy Spirit?
Do this …
1) Ask God for the Gift of Fear – The fear of ever offending the One you love so much! “He must increase, I must decrease” John 3:30
2) Pledge your allegiance to *all* that Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition teaches. No … your conscience is not superior to God’s commands.
3) Believe – truly believe – in God’s supernatural power. “Do you believe that I can do this? … Let it be done for you according to your faith” Matthew 9:27,30.
4) Go to Confession frequently (no more than a month apart), and immediately after mortal sin. Believe you are made 100% pure with the priest’s words of absolution.
5) Adore the Lord in the Blessed Sacrament, beyond Mass attendance.
6) Let Mary be your mother. Do what she told you to do … daily rosary, wear brown scapular (or medal), Marian Consecration.
7) Take VERY seriously the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. If you take God seriously, He will take you seriously.
Of course, all of these imply a strong prayer life. A prayer life that is simply “talking with God” throughout the day.
Now, pray Psalm 91, as you peacefully call upon God to let the Holy Spirit fall upon you.
Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”
Surely he will save you
from the fowler’s snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.
If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
and you make the Most High your dwelling,
no harm will overtake you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
“Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call on me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”
Source URL: https://romancatholicman.com/wp/seven-pillars-supernatural-life/
Copyright ©2024 Roman Catholic Man unless otherwise noted.